Learn about, and receive an attunement to Reiki healing energy.
Reiki (pronounced Rey-Key) is an ancient healing art. Originally from Tibet it was lost and then re-discovered in the late 19th Century by Master Usui in Japan. An ‘energy therapy’ it is completely natural and promotes the body’s regenerative self healing ability. The word Reiki means Universal Energy and has been recognised by eastern medicine for thousands of years. Universal Energy flows through all living things and is vital to well-being. You may have already heard of Ki (Japan), Chi (China) and Prana (India) which are all words for Universal Energy. Accupuncture, Tai Chi and Yoga are also based on the free-flow of this energy in a person and Feng Shui directs this energy by placement of objects.
Upcoming dates for Reiki Level 1 Training are:
Sunday 19th May 2019
Saturday 10th August 2019
All times are 10am-5pm, venue to be confirmed in the Dunoon area
Weekday, 1:1 training and a residential option are also available – please enquire.
Reiki Level 1 enables you to work on yourself, family, friends and pets for personal use, i.e. it doesn’t qualify you as a therapist or enable you to charge for treatments, Reiki Level 2 is required for this.
Reiki Level 1 is all about self-healing and self development. No previous experience is required, although it is recommended that you’ve experienced a few Reiki sessions prior to undertaking this first step on your Reiki journey. Prior sessions don’t need to have been with me however if you would like to enjoy a Reiki treatment with me before hand then please see my Reiki treatment page.
Reiki is a non-invasive therapy which treats holistically and returns balance to our energy and physical bodies. It is very gentle and a powerful complementary therapy that may be used with confidence alongside orthodox healthcare.
Benefits of a Reiki treatment
- excellent for stress it promotes deep relaxation and a calm, peaceful sense of well-being
- healing of problems on a mental, emotional and spiritual level with closer connection to inner wisdom
- pain relief and control
- accelerated wound healing
- supports positive choices such as improving diet, increasing exercise, taking time out
- may reduce the need for alcohol and tobacco
- enables focusing on goal
In Level 1 you will learn:
- The origins of Reiki and Master Usui’s vision for it’s use
- The five Reiki principles
- The traditional hand positions
- How to sense and read your aura
- The role of the chakras, and how to bring them in to balance
- Self healing techniques
- … and more!
Included in the day:
- Reiki Level 1 manual
- Reiki Level 1 attunement
- Certificate of completion
- Refreshments – please bring lunch with you
- £85 for the day
- Your ongoing time and dedication to practice what you have learned, particularly over the following 28 days.
- It is advisable not to drink alcohol for at 24 hours before your attunement and the attunements also start the process of a 21 day integration period so ideally avoid alcohol during this time too.
I look forward to getting you started on your Reiki journey 🙂
About your teacher
I was attuned to Reiki 1 in 2005 and since then Reiki and working with energy has been at the core of my life. My training was part of a longer well-being week which I look back on as being my ‘epiphany’ week. I have been on a personal and spiritual development journey every since and now coach, mentor and teach others. Read some more about me.